As a landscaper or horticulturist, the use of outdoor power equipment is something that is common. This is because they work faster and more efficiently than manual equipment. People also tend to use less energy with these powered equipment as compared to the manual equipment or tools. Below are some of the power tools that can be used outdoors. They all come equipped for different purposes, whether it is cutting trees, tilling beds or even blowing or vacuuming leaves and other dirt.
Trenchers are used to professionally dig and shape beds and trenches.
This is a tool for boring holes and dislodging stoppages in curved pipes.
- Leaf Blowers and Vacuums
- Backpack blowers
- String trimmers
- Lawn edging
- Hedge trimmers
- Chainsaw parts
- Water pumps
Top Rated Chainsaw Reviews
Best Gas-Powered Chainsaw
Husqvarna 460 Rancher
This is an all-round saw that works where more power is needed for a longer guide bar. It comes with a powerful X-Torq engine with the body designed to easily handle the power. This saw also comes with Smart Start, Air Injection, LowVib and combined choke/stop control.
- Side-mounted chain tensioner for easy access
- 20-Inch Bar
- Quick release air filter to facilitate cleaning and replacement of air filter
- Forged 3-piece crankshaft for maximum durability for the toughest applications
- CARB Compliant
Best Battery Powered Chainsaw
EGO Power+ 14-Inch Cordless Chain Saw
The EGO Power+ Chain Saw is a 14-inch bar and chain. It comes with a high-efficiency brushless motor that ensures effortlessly smooth cuts. The brushless motor extends the life and run time of the machine. The advanced EGO Power+ 56V ARC Lithium battery uses industry-leading technology to deliver maximum power and is compatible with all EGO Power+ products.
- 0ah and 2.5ah 56-volt lithium-ion battery kits available
- standard charger included in kits
- water resistant construction
- low kickback chain design (complies with ansib175.1)
- .043 in. gauge chain with 3/8 in. low pro pitch
- reversible bar
- chain kickback brake
- chain tension adjustment
- 5-year tool warranty
- 3-year battery warranty (kits only)
Best Electric Chainsaw
GreenWorks 20222 9 Amp 14-Inch Corded
This is a zero emission chainsaw with a 14-inch blade and should not be used as an industrial saw. It comes with an easy electric start that is a push button, meaning that you don’t have to yank a chord. It also comes with many safety features such as a comfortable wraparound handle with a debris guard that blocks wood chips from hurting hands. The chainsaw also comes with an automatic chain oiler which keeps the chainsaw operating smoothly and helps to prevent any unexpected jerking motions. The only downside about this saw is that it has a chord.
- 9-amp electric motor starts within seconds for ease of use and reliable power
- 14-Inch bar makes clean up jobs a breeze
- Tool-Less chain tensioning for quick adjustments so you can get back to the task at hand
- Wrap around handle provides user comfort while clearing debris
- Auto-Oiler provides adequate lubrication to ensure the best cutting performance without the hassle
Best Under $250
Husqvarna 240 2 HP Chainsaw
The Husqvarna 240 16-Inch saw is ideal for jobs like pruning, lighter cutting tasks and hobby work. Easy to start and operate, thanks to built-in Husqvarna features like ergonomic design, facilitating technology and powerful X-Torq engine with low emissions.
- 16-inch bar
- 2 HP, 38 cc engine
- 3/8-inch pitch, .050-inch gauge
- Side-mounted chain tensioner
- Combined choke/stop control
Best Over $400
Echo CS-590 20″ Timber Wolf Chain Saw
This is a well-oiled chainsaw with a 20-inch blade. This is a very reliable model that kicks off at the first pull. It also comes with a 5-year warranty, which is a great deal basing on its price range. It comes with built-in anti-vibe technology that will make the cutting process a lot more comfortable. This chainsaw comes with all the features to expect on chainsaws, including an automatic chain oiler.
- Genuine OEM Echo part
- 8cc professional-grade, 2-stroke engine for outstanding performance
- 20″ Bar
- Decompression valve for easier starter rope pulling
Most Environmentally Friendly Chainsaw
GreenWorks 20312 G-MAX Zero Emission Cordless
GreenWorks are taking their Lithium-Ion technology to the next level and giving you the gas comparable alternative chainsaw solution you have been looking for with up to 30% more torque and up to 70% less vibration than gas powered chainsaws. GreenWorks NEW G-MAX 16-inch DigiPro Chainsaw is powered with innovative brushless technology allowing for longer life, greater efficiency and less noise with more torque, making this the first battery powered chainsaw that can replace your gas. The perfect chainsaw for users of all experience, whether it is your first time or a veteran this chainsaw features a heavy duty Oregon bar and chain, .0375 chain pitch, chain brake, metal bucking spikes and an automatic oiler to make this easy to use while providing the high performance needed to get your yard work done quickly and efficiently. Once you have tried the new DigiPro Chainsaw you will not want to go back to mixing gas and oil.
- Premium Power of DigiPro brushless motor technology cuts up to 100 cuts on a single charge. Includes 4AH Battery and Charger
- Compatible with GreenWorks G-MAX 40V Li-Ion System offering a range of tools to choose from
- Brushless motor delivers up to 30% more torque for the greatest cutting performance
- Brushless motor design offers up to 70% less vibration for user comfort while working
- Chain brake and low kickback chain for increased user safety
Best Pole Saw
Black & Decker LPP120 20V Lithium Ion Pole Saw
The Black & Decker Bare 20V MAX Lithium Ion Pole Pruning Saw is an excellent tool, designed for pruning overhead tree branches up to 14ft high. This bare-tool is compatible with 20V MAX Lithium Ion battery which provides with a longer lifespan and 5X longer charge than similar NiCd batteries. It has an 8″ cutting bar and chain that allows for a maximum cutting diameter of 6″. The center extension allows for a useable length of 6.5′ or 10′ and provides overhead reach of up to 14 feet. This unit also features an in-line power-head allows easy maneuverability and visibility between branches. Unit disassembles for easy transport. Perfect for transporting to the worksite. The lightweight design makes it easy to use.
- Extension allows for a useable length of 6-1/2 or 10 feet; overhead reach of up to 14 feet
- Powered by 20-volt MAX lithium-ion battery, with longer lifespan and charge retention than NiCad batteries
- Up to 100 cuts of 1-1/2-inch pine branches per charge
- 8-inch cutting bar and chain allows for a maximum cutting diameter of 6 inches
- 2-year limited warranty; includes battery and Energy Star-qualified charger
- Power Source: battery powered
Best Jaw Saw
WORX WG320 Max Lithium Cordless Jaw Saw
The WORX WG320 cordless lithium powered JawSaw does a little bit of everything, whether it is pruning limbs, clearing storm debris, or cut kindling for fire wood. The unique design enables one to make cuts directly on the ground without kickback or damaging the chain. The JawSaw is the safe and easy way to tackle debris clean up without gas, cords, or dangerous kickback. It is the perfect go-to tool for gardeners, handymen, and anyone else who performs limb and brush clearing.
- Guard covers chain for enhanced safety
- Steel teeth hold work in place while cutting for stability
- Auto-Tension feature sets the proper tension
- Automatic chain oiler with oil level indicator
- Scissor cut action limits dangerous kickback
These are some of the best chainsaws that you can find on the market. When purchasing them, also remember to by other safety things such as helmets, gloves and chainsaw chaps. Check out this homepage for more information regarding these chainsaws.